Sunday, August 30, 2009

Growing Up 101


I have never before felt like I do now.
Maturity has caught me.
I feel like I'm a bit less dependent on my parents.
Like I'm making my own choices and spending my own money
and going places spontaneously.

I haven't decided whether or not I like it though.

Sure, freedom is GREAT!
The feeling of being able to be independent and do what I want to do (to a certain extent, of course) is amazing.
But then again, I'm a bit of a coward. I don't want to leave the nest. I don't want to have so much freedom that my parents' choices get overshadowed.

I think I'm doing a good job, so far, of having a happy medium there.
It's just strange that finally the first half of freedom is coming into play.
I am having to make choices for college and pay for my own gas
and drive myself everywhere.
I'm friends with who I want and forgive who I want.

I'm just dipping my feet into a new puddle apparently.
Splashing around over here for awhile.

It's fun, but I'm quite cautious.
I'm worrying
and not making much sense. I just had to write this down so my brain was able to allow myself to finally get some sleep.
Being sick messes with my sleep schedule terribly.

No comments: