Sunday, August 30, 2009

Nostalgia is a way of life


My current playlist includes
Taking Lottie Home
We Are Only Fiction
and The Alcoholic Freshman.

I miss the days that consisted of local shows,
meeting new people every weekend,
and just having fun going with the flow.

It's quite obvious now
that Dakota did, in fact, create an era for Blairsville.

I want those days back.
Back when no one cared and everyone was just happy sitting around listening to free music.

I guess everything becomes more and more complicated as we all "mature"
but I'd rather not accept it.

I guess I'm just stuck holding onto all those silly old memories
because that's where I feel safest.

Then again, I know one day,
I'll look back on the current times as being "the good ole days" too.

Guess you can never please me.

I want the era of local shows to come back, please.
I love musicians and silly people. And that was all my memories include.

I think I'm going to work with Skye to make those days come back.
Be the change you want to see in the world, yeah?

Sure thing.

As soon as my immune system kicks in again,
I'm going to get off my lazy butt
and get back to doing productive things.
I'm NOT fading into the background anymore. Sick of that too.

No comments: