Monday, August 17, 2009

It's the thing to do


Honestly,
I could be the poster child for
wanting what I can't have.

And I'm pretty sure what I can't have haunts me more than anything
and I completely forget about everything wonderful that I have right in front of me.

It's all I can think about,
the start of the majority of my conversations,
what I dream about,
and what I ponder on for quite awhile before I go to sleep.

It's so close
yet so far.
And sometimes, I think I have it, and then it manages to slip away from me yet again.

I don't know how to contain it.
I can't figure out why I can't have it.

It will haunt me until the day I succeed at achieving it.
But then again, knowing me, once I manage to get it, I will no longer want it.

Maybe it's remaining out of my reach merely so I have something to do.

No comments: