Sunday, September 20, 2009

I am defined by my future


Being a teenager, the majority of my life is planned out
by my parents.
Be home by this time,
finish up your chores,
no going out till all of your homework is done,
you know you're not allowed to go there,
and
the ever famous not exactly liking some friend choices of mine (although that rarely ever happens and I end up agreeing with them after a short while).

Sure, for those of you who know my parents know that they're NO WHERE near as strict as 94% of other parents out there.
And that's not the point.
I love and respect my parents and never go against their wishes.
I'm terrified to leave my home and am not exactly counting down the days eagerly.

But my future plans are my own.
100%
I choose when I come home (or rather, back to my apartment),
I choose what order I want tackle my responsibilities, etc.

I can't wait till my business in the primary thing in my life.
I can sew all the time and just work on by my own rules.
I want to travel all over the world
and be completely broke at least at one point.
I want to live each day on a completely random basis!
Sure, it may be silly and completely unrealistic, but that's how I choose to dream.

I want to change the lives on millions and
wake up smiling just because the sun is shining.

High school gives me no time for this.
It's homework, color guard, sleep, and family time.
I love my life just the way it is, but I'm excited for what tomorrow has in store for me.
I'm always more excited for tomorrow.

I'm stuck between terror and excitement.

I get bummed out when I lose sight of what the future has in store for me.
I get caught up in the silly, lame aspects of this town and let it bring me down.
Which is why I claim that my future defines me.

I want to be to the age where Blairsville becomes a remainder of my roots.
OH! And for those of you who don't know, I plan on getting the outline of Georgia with a heart over Blairsville on my right shoulder.
I honestly do love this place and plan to return here often.
But I'm young and anxious to know and fall in love with some other place.

Band of the month:


:]]

No comments: