Sunday, July 12, 2009

I'm starting a revolution.


and it will be made of kids who have ever felt alone
or like they weren't good enough for someone
or have had to change themselves in even the tiniest aspect to keep a friend around.

Will be a revolution
in which everyone is good enough for everyone
and we can all just talk out our problems and be true friends to each other.

Heck,
I'm just as guilty as the next person of talking behind someone's back.
But I'm also a victim of not being good enough to be someone's friend.

Naturally,
we're drawn to people who we have similar interests to, but why does that mean we
have to constantly patronize those who we don't have similar interests to?
We can at least be civil to each other and not go out of our ways to leave people out of our plans.

My revolution,
will be filled with kids who smile at everyone they pass
and will lend a helping hand to a perfect stranger.
We will be the kids who will befriend the "loser" of the school,
and show everyone their inner beauty.

Myself, I want to become part of the revolution.
And since we're supposed to be the change we want to see in the world,
I'm going to work toward actually keeping my word.
There is no need to down-talk someone just because I don't agree with their actions or their beliefs.

In my revolution,
we will be the kids who don't mind that I'm living in a fantasy world.

1 comment:

skye britni said...

wow. i love this.
amazing idea/blog, bri!
:D