Sunday, September 5, 2010

how does it feel to one of the beautiful people?

Mum keeps yelling at me because my answer to the question of
"why are you reading Helter Skelter?"
is
"because I love Charles Manson!"

She says I don't love him, I just find him interesting.
Either or.


I guess I "find Charles Manson interesting"




favorite line from the book thus far:
"Autopsy reports are abrupt documents. Cold, factual, they can indicate how the victims died, and give clues as to their last hours, but nowhere in them do their subjects emerge, even briefly, as people. Each report is, in its own way, the sum total of a life, yet there are very few glimspes as to how that life was lived. No likes, dislikes, loves, hates, fears, aspirations, or other human emotions; just a final, clinical summing up: "The body is normally developed...The pancreas is grossly unremarkable...The heat weighs 340 grams and is symmetrical..."
Yet the victims had lived, each had a past."

No comments: