Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I'm kind of afraid to be honest...


I get so incredibly intimidated when I look at other fashion designers' works. Or even just the style of other people's everyday fashion.
I know that I'm no where near as advanced as others out there. I know I can't dress the way they do or match up to their standards at all.
And that scares the heck out of me. or rather just intimidates me.

In Blairsville, I'm on top of everything.
People comment on my "original" style and how I'm going to go far with my designs...which is too be expected. I'm the only designer in Blairsville.
but when you compare me to the real world, I'm smaller than an ant.

I know I haven't had much experience and I still learn with every piece I create but..I guess I just get anxious sometimes. I want everything now! I want to be the best and the top dog all the time.
I hate the thought of competition but I've gathered that that is all that life turns out to be. One giant competition.
"sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind...the race is long and, in the end, it's only with yourself"

Maybe I don't even want to be compared to the rest. Maybe I'll get farther by doing my own thing and never matching their styles.
Come in from the side into the line of fashion instead of taking a direct shot!
That shall be my plan :]
and hey, if I happen to fail, I always have looks to fall back on. I'll just marry rich! (I'm kidding...slightly)

speaking of falling in love and getting married...
am I the only one who gets butterflies looking at him? :]!

I mean, really,how can you not love fashionable Asian boys?!
"Hong Kong, Malaysia, all over Asia, I'll have one of those please!
Asian boy you will be mine!"


Ohhhhdear
I think now at the end of this blog, I managed to flip my mood upside down!
:]

1 comment:

Dakota Floyd said...

"I hate the thought of competition but I've gathered that that is all that life turns out to be. One giant competition."

I wouldn't be too quick to say that... It completely depends on the life you choose to live and which part of "life" you're talking about. Career-wise, if you're wanting to sell things to "put food on the table," then yes, it's a competition. You must make (at least some of) the other facets of your life non-competitive in order to stay sane.

I personally am trying to pursue a more humanitarian career, which although you do have to meet certain criterion to do, isn't a competition based on looks and price tags.

I have no idea where I'm going with this, but it sure is a nice evening.