Wednesday, June 17, 2009

leaving home to find it again.


I always talk about leaving Blairsville
and traveling and meeting new kids and what not...
but now that that opportunity is 2 days away from becoming a reality,
I'm freaking out!!!

Oh and on top of my emotions currently being 100% out of whack,
it's storming.
I'm relatively scared outta my mind with storms.
It's a nice scared though...kinda like a roller coaster.
You're dreading it, but it's kind of exhilarating.

Anyway, back to original thoughts.
For those of you who don't know what's going down, I'm leaving for Ohio
on Saturday to spend 2 weeks with my sister, my brother in law, my nieces, and my nephew.
My sister is...40 something.
And my nieces are 17 (6 months older than me), 14, annnnnd uhm I don't know how old the youngest one is.
Point being, it's going to different and eventful and I know I'm going to have fun but I'm currently psyching myself out.

I'm flying alone
and am going to be away from home, without my mom or dad for 2 weeks.
It's weird. I feel like a baby bird that is being knocked outta the nest and hasta think fast before hitting the ground.
Although, I know my nest will still be nestled right here when I come back.

I'm hoping Josh and I will be able to see each other once or twice.
SOMEONE from home with me will make my heart beat a bit slower.
(and for once, that'd be a good thing)

Bye comfort zone.
I'm ready,
but scared.

No comments: