Saturday, June 19, 2010

i will help you fly across the moonlit sky




I can't believe that it was only a week ago that Summerfest was going on. That right now last week all my close friends were here sitting in a circle and singing songs together. I can't believe that it was only a week ago that Herbie was here. Everything seemed so different last week.
This has been the longest week in history! But it's been a very enjoyable one.


Either Tuesday or Wednesday [I really cannot remember which], I spent the afternoon with Steffan venturing a random trail through the woods by the lake. I got the bright idea to drag him out on a log that had fallen into the lake.
Well, he warned me he wasn't the most balanced person ever...which he then proved. We won't go into details here. Haha
Thursday I went to the lake with Skye and we swam around in my family's secret swimming nook. Which isn't really a secret but... oh well.
We were both really unsure of how to get in the water so I was joking around and started down the hill attempting to say "This is one small step for man!"
I got cut off somewhere around "one" and slipped down the hill and into the water.
We swam around for awhile randomly screaming when something brushed against our leg.
After awhile, Steffan showed up to join us.
It wasn't until after I got home that I realized how long we stood in the water, arms folded, in a circle just talking. Very little swimming actually went on. And Steffan broke out his Russel Brand voice and Skye and I almost drowned ourselves laughing so hard. (This might be why I'm so obsessive over Russel recently)


& last night
Steffan and I met up at my mom's office where she treated us to some China food (:
my absolute favorite! We ate and hung around for awhile and then headed to the cinema to catch Toy Story 3 on its opening night. I gave him several chances to back out but he bravely stuck it out with me! The movie was good, the company was good, the little children were not so good...
Afterward, we sat in my car and narrated innocent people's lives. Apparently, every middle-aged woman there was cheating on her husband and a boy walking around by himself was desperately trying to mask that his girlfriend left without him.
I took him home and we sat in my car some more and talked about The Human Centipede [youtube the trailer for it!] and how it's a /must see/ on our movie list.

I simply adore the people in my life [:
and I really do miss Farrah and Joshua [Dunford]]. I haven't seen them in quite some time. Farrah is busy with Joshua [Pittman]. and Joshua [Dunford] is busy with work.

With all my driving around, Stefan Fink's album hasn't left my CD player. Nor will it anytime soon. I really recommend you go download it offline: http://stefanfink.bandcamp.com/
He sells his CDs for $5 at his show and, trust me, it's worth every penny. He's a rad dude...don't steal his music if you can help it, please ^-^
Something about Stef[f]ans that I just can't get enough of apparently.

In the morning, I'm leaving for Rome, Georgia to stay with my brother for a week.
& Steffan is leaving for Gainesville for a week as well. Maybe I'm completely pathetic but that aspect is going to suck. We're both going to be busy and unable to see each other all week.
Blah.
But! Brother and sister-in-law time is always nice and getting away from home for awhile will be relieving.
I'm actually going to go put my hand-painted suitcase to good work and start packing!

No comments: