Monday, February 25, 2008

I love my family!

Over dinner my dad and I got in a long discussion of how stupid people are.
He was ranting on and on about how capitalism is destroying our country
and how can people be so dumb to fall for crap like that?

After dinner, he was attempting to clean off the top of the ketchup bottle with his DIRTY napkin.
Well Mom and I yelled at him for being disgusting so he got up and threw the bottle away.
The whole time Mom is screaming "noo! Don't throw it away! Awhhh man why'd you throw the ketchup away?"
Maybe I'm just too far indoctrinated by my family, but I found it hilarious.

Just made me think how unfortunate some kids are.
The kids with the "Perfect American Family"
Their mom is involved in every sport they do and is always the one who brings in stuff for class parties/projects.
Their dad volunteers to coach the school team and has a perfect job as some high class business man.
The children don't learn a cuss word except for at school and they are taught manners that must CONSTANTLY follow and they get grounded for disagreeing with their parents.

My mom is just like a teenager.
We hang out and talk about boys and friends and drama and sex and drugs and whatever you would talk to your best friend about.
My dad is an alcoholic ex-biker.
He's covered in tattoos [yes, that's were I get it from], he cusses like crazy, he's Atheist, etc.
My family argues like crazy and I don't even know half of my family cause of some heated argument that has been going on ever since before I was born.

I love it and I honestly don't see why anyone would want a "picture perfect" lifestyle.

I don't care that the world thinks my family is crazy. We aren't some lowlife drug using family and we live in a big home.
Sooo you know, I'm okay with letting people know my family actually has fun and are completely real people

1 comment:

Dakota Floyd said...

I think the saddest thing is that some kids actually do want that "picture perfect" family. My parents got divorced on MY BIRTHDAY for crying out loud, and I'm ok.

Well. Actually, probably not. But that's beside the point. I'm happy with my current family status, even if I am stupid / annoying / boring.

But oh well; different strokes for different folks, I guess.